Surviving Brain Surgery...Megan's Home!

We survived two brain surgeries in a week along with one and a half weeks in the hospital!!!  Many of you have been following my daughter's (Megan) journey to overcome epilepsy.  This path led us to brain surgery.  It was one of the scariest things our family have faced.  Many have asked how we made it through this hard time.  So for this post, I want to let you know what got us through this difficult time.

1. Prayers from others.  Megan and I recorded a song before her major surgery.  We knew she would have a section of her brain removed to stop the origination of the seizures.  She wasn't sure if she would be able to sing again after surgery, so she wanted to sing her favorite song to share with others.  "So Will I" was a worship song that said no matter what happens I will worship God.  We recorded the song.  I admit that I cried at the end of the video.  What we didn't realize was that God would not only use that video to witness to others, but also unite people in prayer.  Currently, over 7,000 people are praying for Megan as a result of that video.  I have no doubt that without prayers, her recovery would not have been so profound.  One of her doctors mentioned that her surgery was textbook smooth.  With your prayers, God moved!  Thank you! Here is a link to the video if you haven't seen it yet.  https://www.facebook.com/eyvette.hutchesontardiff/videos/10214097614726820/ 

2. Love from brothers and sisters in Christ.  I was not allowed to leave the room often.  I was given three thirty minute breaks a day.  In order to keep my other three children from killing each other, my husband made the wise decision to stay home with them the first week.  That left me with Megan.  I was given 3 free meals a day from hospital cafeteria.  I have NEVER eaten so healthy in my life!  It wasn't bad, but sometimes you want a candy bar.  My husband had borrowed twenty dollars from me before leaving to go home, so I didn't have much cash on me and didn't want to use my debit card much.  Early one morning, I told God, "I wish I had that $20 to buy coffee for the upcoming week."  I was very tired and a little down.  That afternoon some friends from church visited with snacks!  They slipped a little wallet in my hand and said it was a little something for me.  What was it, you may ask?  It was a twenty dollar bill!  God showed His love within hours of me asking.  He used one of His people to do it.  It meant so much to me.  God may choose to use you to make a difference.  It may seem like nothing to you, but it may be a confirmation of God's love to someone else.

3. Knowing that what we go through does not reflect whether or not God loves me.  We sang the song, "So Will I" knowing that God loved us and was with us no matter what happened.  That is what gave us peace.  Because we live on earth, not Heaven, it is not a perfect place.  But while we are in an imperfect place, we have a God who shows perfect love and gets us through hard times.  Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  

So Megan's Update six days after brain surgery:  Today, Megan stood in church worshiping God and singing to Him.  The only way you can tell she had surgery was an awesome haircut and scar.  From the picture, you can see that I got my hair cut to support her.  Because the epilepsy damage was severe, her brain had already re-routed several functions to the other side, so she is using visual memory now.  She is still able to speak, read, use a full vocabulary, and see well.  It is truly amazing!!  And as you all continue to pray, she will recover and improve even greater brain function than before epilepsy ever came.  God is so good!!!!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!


Comments

  1. So happy to hear of God's amazing love! May He continue to heal Megan daily. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?