Snowplows and God's Answered Prayers

Ever had one of those days where everything goes wrong?  My son had one of those days last week.  He called me sounding very upset.  He told me his day started with the soda machine taking his money, yet not giving him his drink.  After his first class, as he was talking to a friend he hadn't seen in weeks, another guy interrupted and led his friend off mid-conversation.  Then when he went to his job, his boss got angry at him for something that was beyond his control.  His friend also got mad at him because a schedule change also affected her.  To add to the list, he choked on a chicken bone while eating dinner.  By the time, he felt alone and overwhelmed.  I wanted to ride to his rescue and make everything better, but I stopped myself.  This was a good time for him to lean on God.  I told him he could quit the college if it were too hard.  He had a resounding "no".  Then his option was to tough it out and pray.  I told him I would pray that he would find favor with the friend that was angry at him.  I prayed for favor with his boss.  And so he could see how much God loves him, I prayed that God would provide some money for his dwindling bank account.  He doesn't have a job, and we hadn't gotten paid yet.  Later that day, he told me his friend apologized.  The next day, his boss was strangely nice to him.  Also that day, a check made out to my son arrived in the mail for over-payment of a health expense.  My son was able to see God move in his life in multiple ways because of a hard day.  If I had moved the problems for him like a snowplow moves the obstacles out of the way, he would not have had the chance to see God's love and provision.  Praying for our children and letting them know what we are praying is a great way to help them with their problems!  So instead of snow-plowing problems out of your child's path, let the God who can control the storm help them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?