Home Invasion

Have you ever had someone break into your home?  A year ago, my oldest son was home alone sitting on the couch doing what teenagers do best.  He had in his ear buds listening to music when he heard a knock at the front door.  The knocks became more insistent until suddenly, the door knob began to turn.  It was probably good that he wasn't watching a horror movie because at this point he might have been freaking out.  The knob turned until the door slowly creaked open.  A little head poked around the door.  "Friends.  Friends?  Are you here?"  The little five-year-old boy across the street had come to our home in search of someone who would play with him.  The little boy walked through our darkened house calling, "Friends?  Where are you?  Hey, this isn't funny!  Friends?"  At the lack of response, he exited the house and gently closed the front door.  I'm not sure why my six-foot four-inch son (his height at the time) did not respond.  I think he was in shock that someone would just enter our home unannounced.  This made me think of the cartoon, Dennis the Menace.  The little boy was constantly hounding his elderly neighbors by barging in at all times of the day.  So this brings me to a question.  Why is it so bad to just enter someone's home?  The answer would be because you were never invited to come inside.  We are protective of who we allow within our homes.  We don't want someone to take advantage of us by stealing or hurting us.  However, we have taken that mindset and adapted it to protect our hearts.  It is wise to be cautious of who you love and allow to be in your lives, but do you use this as a crutch to keep everyone out, even God?  Revelations 3:20 mentions, "Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in...:  God will not respond like our little neighbor.  He will not just blow the doors open and intrude.  He will try to get your attention.  He will send people into your life to love you and reach out to you.  He will speak to you through His Word and people to tell you how much He loves you.  But ultimately, you have to open the door of your heart and let Him be a part of your life.  He will not break into your life.  I want the door to my life to be wide open to God.  How about you?

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?