My Secret Recipe

Have you ever tried to get credit for something you didn't do?  I made a delicious dish, Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken, that amazed my family.  My husband is still on the Keto diet, so this recipe was perfect for him.  Once everyone started praising my culinary efforts, I was tempted to pass this recipe off as my own creation.  In the end, I admitted that Pinterest was the inspiration for my dish, not my creative imagination.  

This made me think of Philippians 3:12-14.  12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it (resurrection from the dead) my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  

How many of us lean on our church attendance or works as the meter for which our Christianity is measured?  Being in a garage does not make me a car.  Being in a church does not place me in right standing with God.  Paul mentioned that he presses on to make it his own.  He even used the word "straining" to define his pursuit of God.  You may not always have it perfect, but are you pressing on, straining through hard times to make your relationship with God real?  Or do you pass off your parents', friend's, spouse's, pastor's relationship with God as your own?  You can never earn your salvation.  You are justified (made in right standing) with God because of the work Jesus did for you on the cross.  But once you believe in that work He did, do you make a relationship with God your own?  This is clearly shown in Matthew 7:23. And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’  

So I have these questions for you.  Have you taken your relationship beyond just a prayer?  Have you read His word and made it your own?  Have you created a trust in God that is built only through spending time with God?  Is your relationship with Christ your own?

For those who are tempted by the picture, I've included the link to the "not my own" chicken.  You should really try it.  It is amazing! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/209628557641688272/

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?