My Arch Nemesis

Most people who know me know that I love animals.  I'm an extreme introvert, so the first thing I do when I go to a party or someone's house is scout out their pets.  I, then, spend the evening hanging out with my new best friend.  Because of this, there are very few animals I don't like.  When my husband and I first married, we moved into an apartment complex that required a deposit for pets.  My husband thought it would be great if we got the type of pet that would not require a deposit.  He gave me the choice of a snake, a rat, or a tarantula.  I chose the rat because he looked the most like a bunny.  This shows that I'm adaptable and can mingle with all kinds of God's little creatures.  That is until my husband brought the latest friend home.  My husband's a biology teacher, so he has some animals in his classroom to demonstrate life systems.  During the summer, our house becomes refuge to said animals.  One of such animals was a parrot named Jammer.  Jammer was a rescue parrot that my husband was given.  I thought a beautiful parrot would be amazing.  I would sing to the bird, and the bird would fly on my shoulder like in all of the princess movies.  This was not the case.  Jammer is a female parrot who really likes my husband.  This means that any female that comes close to my husband is the enemy.  That would be me.  I sing to her.  She calls me a brat.  I sweet talk her as I feed her, and she curses at me in her little parrot language.  This relationship has built some animosity between us.  At one point, I questioned what I was doing when I found myself arguing with her.  She squawked, "You're a brat!"  I responded, "No, you're a brat!"  Yet even with her ungratefulness, I still change her water, feed her, and clean her cage.  Why?  Because she is important to my husband, so she is important to me.  This had me thinking about our relationship with God.  He values each one of us.  He longs for a relationship with us.  He sent Jesus to bridge the gap of separation between us and God.  Yet as Jesus comes to lead us to God, we attack.  We grow angry when we don't understand what He is doing in our lives.  We ignore Him.  We cannot recognize that He only wants to take care of us.  Even in our outbursts and bad treatment, He still reaches out to us.  Why?  Because we are important to God, so we are important to Him.  I want to live a life that shows thankfulness and gratefulness to God, to Jesus who loved me even when I couldn't recognize it, and to others around me.  And maybe I'll even throw in an extra peanut for my little birdy friend.

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Another Year Older, Another Year Past

A Night to Shine