Locked Out of My Own House...

I have a question for you.  How many of you have ever locked yourself out of your house?  My family decided to go out to a restaurant after church, and I chose to stay home and rest.  I stopped off at the local supermarket, bought a light lunch, and drove home.  As I pulled into my driveway, a thought occurred to me.  I didn't have a key to get into my own home.  Just that morning, I remembered my key sitting on the table, but instead of turning back and getting it, I thought I would just use one of the kid's keys or my husband's key.  As I sat alone in my car, I realized that had been a bad decision because now I was locked out!  I didn't have the garage door opener in my car.  My spare key was loaned out, so I knew I would have to break into my house.  I have a lock pick kit that I bought myself for Christmas when I was feeling all spyish.  It works great to get into my kids' rooms when they lock me out.  Sadly, that same lock pick kit was locked in the house.  I tried to reach the windows, but they were very high off the ground.  That left me with my son's window.  I trudged through the mud caused from my air conditioner and climbed up on my air conditioner unit in my Sunday high heels.  As I balanced on the unit and leaned over the duct-work leading into the house, I prayed I wouldn't fall face first into the mud.  After prying off the screen, I found the window locked tight.  Blast my efficiency!  I only hoped a neighbor didn't peek out their window.  I climbed down, attempted to open my dead bolt with a fork I found in my car, and in desperation, tried to pull up my garage door by hand. At this point, I was so tired that I sat in my car with the door open.  My cat climbed in and we had a pity party until I broke down and called my husband.  He drove back to our house from the neighboring town, let me in, and drove back to the restaurant.  It really was no fun to look through my windows at my cool, air conditioned home while I stood outside in the heat in my black dress.  My challenge: It stinks to see God moving in other people's life and know that you don't have that peace and joy.  What do we assume?  It's God's fault that we are left out.  God says that you have not because you ask not.  He has not locked you out of His life.  You have the key to access to God.  It is Jesus.  As for His forgiveness and love and enter into the best things God has for you!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?