Tax Season- Yuck!

If you've watched television, you've seen the commercials for tax season.  I can tell you that you will not find me in dollar sign footsy pajamas singing about 1099's like the commercials.  If anything, I dread tax season, and I was a tax preparer at one point in my life!  Why do I dread it?  Because it takes a lot of work.  As a result of itemizing, I have to total receipts and categorize bills.  This sounds easy, right?  It's not if all of your receipts are crammed into a shoe box, the center console of your car, and the junk drawers in your house.  I have to time to gather them, sort them, and total them before I can take them to our tax preparer.  Sometimes we get a tax return.  Sometimes we owe money.  I never know the outcome; however, I do this because it is a requirement of our government.  Let's take this to a spiritual outlook.  I work in my church which I attend.  Yes, I'm a pastor's wife so it's expected, but I would do this even if I wasn't a pastor's wife.  Why?  Because it is required by God.  1 Corinthians 15:58, KJV: "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord... Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."  If I am on staff at a company, I am expected to work in order to receive a paycheck and keep the company running.  If I am a citizen of the United States, I am expected to pay taxes in order to fund our government and allow it to run smoothly and effectively.  What would happen if no one showed up at church or did anything?  Not only would it be disheartening to the pastor, but it would also  be detrimental to the life of the church.  When we gather together to reach those who don't know Jesus and support each other, give to keep the church going, and work to keep the church running smoothly, the church continues for generations.  It may take work, and we may not know the outcome, but one day when we stand before God we will see the return on all we have done.

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?