Taxes and Trust

 

It's that time of year again.  Tax time!  From the time I worked at H & R Block doing taxes, until now when I only handle my family's taxes, tax time has always been a busy time for me.  I started with just my taxes, and have quickly moved to doing my teenagers' taxes also.  Most people dread this time of year, but I actually don't mind it.  Throughout the past year, I collect receipts, statements, and W-2's in preparation for the big day when itemizing begins.  Because my husband and I are considered self-employed as pastors, there is a lot of balancing expenditures for ministry versus income.  It takes time and keeping track of everything we've spent over the last year and why.  If it wasn't connected with ministry or housing, we can't claim it.  This is why I keep a detailed list of everything.  It makes me think of Revelations.  The last book  in the Bible mentions that God keeps track of everything we have done.  Can you imagine the list from your past?  It would go back all the way through your life.  I shudder to think of some of my teenage choices.  Here is the amazing part.  When we ask Jesus to wipe away our past and change our lives, He does.  It's as though the sin of the past never existed.  Imagine the IRS telling you that all those receipts aren't necessary.  You will get back an amazing return even though you haven't earned it, and the only proof you need is that someone else has vouched for you.  That's what Jesus Christ did.  He stepped in and vouched for us so that we can claim Him and receive eternal life, even if we didn't earn it!  I can't tell you how grateful I am that I will be receiving greatest return ever- eternal life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Another Year Older, Another Year Past

A Night to Shine