Following God Is Like Buying a New Phone

I purchased my Christmas gift a little early this year. I finally upgraded phones, which I've been holding back on for a few years. I always dread having to learn how to use new technology. I try to look up a recipe for cookies and find myself ordering giraffe pajamas by accident. My parents went so far as to specifically ask for flip phones. At one point, my mother's phone company mailed her a new phone because they would no longer support her old phone. My mother is very hesitant to use technology. My brother bought her a computer so she could be on Facebook. At one point, her account got hacked. She panicked, unplugged her computer, and packed it up. She said no one could hack her if she didn't use the computer. I thought about how our walk with Christ parallels using a phone. How many times do we refuse to step out of our comfort zones because we're not sure what will happen. Like being afraid of using technology because you're afraid you'll mess it up, we are so unsure of what God is doing that we just refuse to change. A wise person once told me that until it's more uncomfortable to remain the same, people will struggle with change. Another issue with fear is that when you are so afraid of being "hacked" by the enemy, you just bury your head and hide. "If I'm not doing anything for God, then Satan will leave me alone." However, it also means that you miss out on all the good things God gives when we are active- like connection with others, seeing the good things God is doing in the lives of others, and encouragement from others. So even though there may be some hard times and a learning curve, I want to always be open to whatever God wants to do, even if it means moving me out of my comfort zone!
Have a great week high-heeled warriors!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?