Hurry Up and Wait

 


Okay, you may remember past posts I've written about patience. We are so accustomed to fast that we struggle when something isn't instantaneous. The gas pumps are a good example. How many of you find yourself tapping your foot and grumbling when you've prepaid your gas and the final twenty cents tick by one second at a time. I've even contemplated leaving the last few cents unused. I know I'm not the only one! As my daughter and I were washing our hands in Walmart. It all began with trying to find a workable bathroom. The first was being cleaned, so we quickly strode to the back of the store. It's allergy season so I was praying that I not sneeze on the way. My older ladies know what I'm saying! When we had finished our business, we tried to wash our hands at the automatic faucets. Have you noticed the new "saving water" faucets. I'm all about saving water, but these new faucets squirt out two seconds of water at a time. You find yourself frantically waving soapy hands in the air like a crazy person. Then you slowly walk under the row of faucets hoping one will last longer. We then bring this mindset into our spiritual lives. We face storms of life and want instantaneous deliverance. When Jesus fell asleep on the boat and a storm crashed into the boat, His disciples were panicking. Keep in mind some were fisherman who had to have a certain comfort on choppy seas. This had to be a major storm to scare them. They woke Jesus asking Him to help. (Matthew 8:23) He replied that they lacked faith and asked why they were afraid. He then rebuked the storm and it calmed immediately. He has the power to stop any storm. That's not the question. The question is are you willing to trust God and wait for Him to move? After all He is in the storm with you!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?