The Secret Ingredient


 Last night, my husband and I helped at a benefit chili dinner for a friend. It was wonderful watching the community come together in support of a neighbor. That's the beauty of living in a small town. My husband made a couple of massive pots of chili. As people are his chili they kept coming back to me to ask what made his chili taste so good. We replied that it was a special secret ingredient. I finally revealed what made his chili so special- homemade salsa from a guy in our church. He grows his own vegetables, cans his salsa, and passes it on to others. We were cooking chili one day and realized we had no diced tomatoes or Rotel, but we had Larry's salsa. By accident, one of my husband's greatest recipes was born. Isn't that how life works sometimes? We expect certain things to happen, and when they don't we become upset. Here's the beauty of God's plans. They are better than ours. Our recipe for life might be okay, or sometimes tolerable but God's will for your life will result in the best results possible. How do you make the perfect recipe for your life? You make it with the not-so- secret ingredient- God.

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?