Where Is the Bird That Keeps Following Me?

I had a bird following me around earlier this week. I'll tell you all about it, but first, let me preface it with this. Have you noticed in movies that music marks important moments in a movie? In a romantic movie, soft, flowing music grows as the leading couple kiss. In a scary movie, eery music let's you know that some airhead person is going to walk into a dark room to their demise. That's why you scream, "Don't go there!" Then there is the comedy that is light and joyful preparing you to laugh. Well, this week I had theme music following me. I had just finished therapy with a few of my students. I carry a large bag, filled with tools of my trade. I may have crayons, flashcards, manipulatives, and sometimes noisy, light-up toys. This particular day, I had filled my bag with some electronic buttons. When a child pushes the button, they are rewarded with all kinds of noises. As I walked down the long preschool hallway, I heard a bird loudly chirping. With each bump of the bag against my hip, the persistent bird would chirp. It continued outside the building all the way to my car! It was like I was a one-woman parade of Angry Birds! What if we had theme music to fit our personality or attitude? Would you enter a room to Hello by Adele? How about You Can't Always Get What You Want? What you may not realize is that we do create our own theme music. Five minutes in someone's presence let's you know where someone stands. If someone is angry, you can feel it in the tension, tone, and body language of the person. When they are positive, their smile and open heart prepares you to smile. So my challenge to you is to let God set your theme music. If scary music is playing, give your fear to God. If it is a sad song, let God's love change the tune.  After all, He is able to turn our sadness into joy!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?