How Long is Eternity?

 

My oldest son is getting married soon, and it has me thinking of weddings. I can remember snippits of mine, but after twenty-five years a lot of the particulars are a blur. I remember starting the planning process six months before the wedding and thinking six months wouldn't be enough time to plan everything. Some women plan for years, so six months seemed like the blink of an eye and then, voila, it was there. I remember the slightest hiccup bringing stress and panic. Would my special day be ruined? I remember realizing we didn't have communion wafers for communion. First there was panic, then we substituted Ritz crackers from the reception. When it came time to take the cup, my husband gargled the juice to get the gummy crackers out of his mouth. Did it ruin the wedding? No. We spend so much money and time preparing for one simple moment. Do we spend more time preparing for the rest of the marriage? Most time, the answer is no. This is like our spiritual lives. We spend years of our lives and all our resources preparing for adulthood, our careers, our future families, and our retirement, that we rarely make any time to prepare for our spiritual readiness for eternity. If I were to take the thickest book I could find, and then hold one single page, you would say that page is nothing compared to the sheer volume of the rest of that book. The content doesn't even carry that much weight compared to the complete book. Yet, that one page is our life compared to the scheme of eternity. It is a blink and the gone. However, eternity will never end. Have you put effort and time into ensuring your eternity will be with God? It's a simple prayer asking Jesus to be the center of your life, and then obeying God's Word. If the answer is no, maybe now is the time to plan for your big day!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?