Quieting Out the Noise

 

The last few days, our house has entered back into remodel mode.  We had to do a complete remodel about a year ago due to water damage, but everything was put on hold for the last nine months as we waited for our contractor to become available again. A couple of weeks ago, we met a nice young man who agreed to help us finish the floors, so construction began again. As excited as I am to finally get the floors finished, my dog does not share my excitement. With the floors done in one room, my husband and son are painting and hammering in paneling to create an old English study. My dog hates the hammering. I'm guessing that if his paws could insert those Airpods, he would. At one point, I found his head buried under a throw pillow on my couch. Doesn't life feel like that sometimes? The noise of life seems overwhelming. God promised that He would be our strength. I read an article that explained a scripture that is quoted often. 

Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.  ESV

Most quotes of this scripture refer to this as- taking time to wait on God to move equals strength, but this wasn't what this scripture meant. The word "wait" in Hebrew translated to mean "binding together like a cord: hope/anticipate." Waiting is not inactive. I think of my dog waiting for the noise to stop by hiding out on our couch. That's not what God intended in this verse. He meant that those that  intwine themselves in Him (having an intimate relationship with God) and keep hope, even anticipate that He will be faithful and come through for them, will renew their strength. Strength doesn't come from being inactive. It comes from faithfully trusting that God will take care of you, even in the midst of the noise.

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?