#You Might Be Getting Older If...

 

We decided to visit my daughter this weekend. She lives in a gated apartment complex, so she told us to push the numeral code and hashtag. This is the moment it occurred to me that I might be getting old. At what point did people start referring to the pound sign as hashtag instead of pound sign? This got me thinking of other signs that I've aged that I noticed while on our trip. See if any land on your radar. 1) When you shop for clothes, you recognize the clothes on the racks have been in your closet multiple decades before. Yes, I saw parachute pants at a well-known retailer while shopping with my daughter. 2) You use the seat warmer for back pain, instead of keeping warm. I've found it much more pleasant to turn the air conditioner down and turn on the seat warmer. 3) You  find yourself craving dinner at four in the afternoon. The idea of getting home early and getting cozy sounds amazing. 4) You forget what you were saying mid-sentence. Then suddenly, two days later, it pops into your head. Then you find yourself shouting, "The Sound of Music! She was in the Sound of Music!" Fill in the blank for whatever random announcement you might have made to your forgetful self. We change as we age. Here's the good news. God is just as faithful today as He was yesterday, and He'll be just as faithful tomorrow. So even if you forget God's goodness, it doesn't stop Him from being good. Give it a day or so, and you'll remember! 

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Another Year Older, Another Year Past

A Night to Shine