After the Storm-Finding God in the Devastation

 

As many have seen, devastating tornados swept across the state last night. As my family and dogs huddled in the hallway, we immediately began to pray for protection for our family and our community. We heard the first round of wind and hail pass over. My daughter called to check on us. She mentioned she felt like her roommate needed to call her family that was staying at a lake house for Memorial day to warn them. Her roommate called and her family took shelter in the basement. After a lot of heavy wind, the quiet fell. Then my son and husband's fire pagers went off. They responded quickly. After twenty minutes, the next wave of winds and hail hit as another tornado went over. At this point, I received a call from my son telling me now would be a good time to pray. He told me a tree fell in front of the two fire engines and a tree behind them, so that they were trapped as the tornado went over them. I asked if there was a safe place they could go, to which he replied the fire truck was the safe place. I began to pray for protection. I eventually got the call that they made it out safely. After that, my daughter told me that her roommate's family were affected by the tornado. If they had not received the call from their daughter, they would not have had time to make it to safety. The roof was torn off of their house where they were staying, and the bed where they were sleeping was broken and covered in debris. On the bed was a Bible, open, that had survived the tornado. It was a sign from God that He was with them in the storm. Throughout all the devastation, God was there prompting the phone call that saved a family and holding two fire trucks down in the midst of turmoil.

Please continue to pray for those affected by the storms and have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?