Ready to Die?

 

We celebrated the home coming of one of the longest-attending members of our church. I've been to funerals that were extremely sad, and I've found that I'm an empathetic cryer. I attended a funeral with a friend. I didn't know the deceased, but as we walked by the casket at the end of the funeral, I messy cried. As I heard and saw the family crying, I couldn't help it. I've been asked to sing in a lot of funerals. This empathetic crying has made it difficult to sing. A few years ago, I mentioned to a couple of friends about my messy crying and worried about losing my composure during the song. The husband had shoulder surgery the day before and was on some really strong pain killers. As I sat behind the piano and looked out at the crowd, he smiled extremely big in his painkiller-induced state and gave me a very visible thumbs up sign. At that point, I struggled not to laugh. Crying was forgotten. I say all of this because this weekend, I was preparing for crying. Instead, his funeral was very positive. Don't get me wrong. His family will miss him very much. But knowing he had a solid relationship with God made all the difference. Right before he passed away, he told his family with a happy tone that he was going to meet God. Everyone of us has a date set to meet God. The question is are you ready? He knew what the outcome was going to be because he knew Jesus. He didn't just know of Him. What's the difference? The difference is to know of Him is head knowledge. You know what to say, but you don't have a relationship with Him. To know Him means that it goes to heart knowledge. You love Him and want to please Him. As you learn about Him, you learn what pleases Him and do whatever you can to do that. Following Jesus no longer becomes a bunch of rules of what you can't do. It becomes a joy to know the One who loves you beyond anything you can imagine. So I have a simple question for you tonight. Are you ready to meet God? If not, get to know Him. It'll change your life!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery