And so it begins...



Picture this.  A woman dressed immaculately in designer clothes.  Not a hair is out of place.  Her walk and talk exudes confidence.  Heads turn as she walks past, while women dream of being just like her.  This is what most women picture when they think of a woman who has got it together.  Our society has become so air-brushed and manipulated that even reality television is  not reality.  I have felt challenged by God to step forward in a world that tells each woman what she should be and how she should look and say, "The only pattern we should be cut from is God's."  As you can see, I have many hairs out of place.  I am the proud parent a small herd of teenagers that challenge me every single day.  I have been known to take off to work in such a hurry that I didn't notice my pants' zipper was not zipping.  (BTW: tip- spray the zipper with hair spray once zipped up to hold it in place or run a rubber band through the hole in the zipper and loop it around the jeans button)  I've been found guilty of being so desperate to put food on the table between volleyball games, parent conferences, and extracurricular events that corn dogs seemed pretty well-balanced.  No woman in real life can be on it all of the time.  That is the beauty of the Gospel.  In all of our human frailty and short-comings, God supports and loves us simply because we are His child.  As we begin to rely on His approval, the world's just seems insignificant.  So this blog is a journey for me at letting go of what is expected and embracing being accepted.  I hope every woman out there whether in tennis shoes or high heels will embrace being a Warrior in Christ and join me in the journey to being a High Heeled Warrior.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spoken my friend. Look forward to following your blog! Can't believe your kids are so big! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?