When Everything Seems to Go Wrong...

Ever have one of those days?  You know the ones, when you wake up and things seem to almost instantaneously spiral downhill?  I've written about them before, but I had one the other day worthy of sharing.  I woke up and found myself running late for work.  This would not be a problem if parking were not an issue.  However, I work on a school campus where a parking spot is premium.  In college, I had this weird quirk where I had to get a good parking spot, and once found, I wouldn't move my car the whole week.  I still have this problem.  Alas, my running late cost me my prime parking spot.  This left me parking on the dirt median between the parking lot and the road.  I pulled under the trees and climbed out of my car.  At the exact point that I walked under the trees, a bird or maybe an avenging squirrel decided to shake the trees.  I was unwillingly drenched in an impromptu shower of left-over rain and dew on the branches.  Now wet, I stalked to the building giving glares at all the dry parents sitting in their cars in the good parking spots.  Once I entered the building, I determined that I would breathe and think positive.  Good day!!!  I put my Tupperware lunch in the mini-fridge, but noticed a piece of yellow sticking out of the container.  Dread filled me as I pulled my Tupperware out of the fridge. "What", you are probably thinking, "was in the bowl?"  I pulled off the lid and found what I feared would be in the bowl.  Instead of my yummy casserole, I brought a bowl of butter for lunch!  Both bowls looked similar.  I chose unwisely.  By this point, I felt a little sorry for myself.  Why me?  I tried to be positive- Keto lunch of butter?  But it wasn't working.  After laughing at my mix-up, a co-worker told me she happened to bring a big pasta salad to share with the office.  Isn't it great to have friends?  What's the point of my story?  When life gives you butter, make pasta salad!  Oh, and you need friends in your life to laugh with you and to help you clean up life's messes!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Love? Loving When It's Hard.

Update: My Daughter's Latest EEG Six Years This Week After Brain Surgery

Ready to Die?