Super Speed
When I returned from a week working at church camp, my lawn was crying out for attention. My husband has been very busy, so I thought I would help him out a little. Unfortunately, our riding mower is in a shed that requires one to back down ramps from several feet high. I do not have the skill to do this maneuver. Trust me. I almost dumped myself off the mower when I attempted it once. This left me with a push mower that my husband recently acquired. It's great exercise, so I decked myself out in cool wear, sunblock, and a big hat. I struggled and pushed through very thick grass for a couple of hours. As I huffed and puffed my way to a sleek lawn, I accidentally pushed something by the handle of the mower. To this moment, I still don't know what I did. Suddenly, the mower launched forward as though it had a booster of nitro. I found myself desperately clinging to the handle of a runaway lawn mower. Yes, apparently, the mower was self-propelling, No one had the forethought to warn me of this! Let's just say that mowing went much quicker after this discovery. Do you find yourself trudging through life? Every day feels heavier than the last. God has an answer for that issue. In Matthew 11:28-30 NIV “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” When a yoke was put on an oxen during this time period, it connected it to another oxen to help them equally carry the load and work as a team. Jesus was telling his followers if you connect yourself to Him, you will learn how to find peace and rest in a hard world. Connecting to Christ isn't burdensome. Jesus walks the path with you helping you carry the burdens of life. He lightens your load by putting the burdens on himself. It's like the self-propelled mower. I spent so much time pushing the burdens by myself, when all I needed to do was let the mower help me. Jesus is waiting to take on your burdens. Will you let Him help?
Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments
Post a Comment