What's Wrong With Me? (The Gift of Thinking Positive)

 


I woke up on Saturday extremely sore. If I were an exercise guru, then this would make sense. However, I haven't set foot in my gym in quite some time. I wasn't doing construction on my kid's homes. I had actually spent a relaxing evening in the previous night, so what was wrong with me? My legs ached as though I had run a 5K race. My first thought was maybe I was having symptoms of a bigger issue- low iron, vitamin difficiency, or low potassium. Even though the siren of online medical advice called, I declined. The temptation to think the worst was great, but I reminded myself of a women's retreat where I shared about the power of our words and thoughts.                        2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. It is so easy to believe the negative thoughts that jump into our heads. We think on those thoughts and grow them into vocal dialogue. Proverbs 18:21 NIV The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. My husband remembered as a young youth pastor playing a prank on the church secretary. His pastor told the secretary she looked sick. Was she okay? Of course, she was fine. But after multiple people asked her if she was well throughout the morning, she began to believe the words spoken to her. By lunch, she went home sick. If we entertain negative thoughts, we will begin to believe them. What if instead of thinking the worst case scenario, we began to think the best case scenario? How would our lives change? Would we be more positive? Would we be more pleasant to be around? Would our faith in Jesus Christ be stronger? The answer is absolutely! If you want the world to become better, start in your head. Refuse to entertain negative thoughts. Take them captive and believe what God says about you. You are loved. You are wanted. You are important to Jesus Christ! By the way, as I thought about my workday Friday.  I remembered that I had performed vision checks on 40 children over 2 hours. This involved squatting down to their eye level in 3 minute increments 40 times! It was the best case scenario! Think positive this week!

Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Years After Brain Surgery- God Has a Plan

A Father's Love

When God's Hand is Upon You