If You Can Fit It, You Can Get It
My family has a long-standing agreement when I thrift. If I can fit the item in the car, I can get the item. One of my daughters furiously manhandled a large queen-sized murphy bed frame, along with a full-sized mailbox on its pole because of this edict. At one particular trip, as I was taking my daughter to her neurology appointment, we stopped at a Goodwill thrift store. It had become a bit of a tradition. While there, I noticed this massive framed oil painting. The painting depicted a ocean scene with ships moving in the water. I immediately thought of Jesus calming the storm for His disciples. I had to have it. However, I was in my car, and it was taller than a sofa. As I pushed, I had my daughter pull. She argued it would not fit. I volleyed by saying, "If I can fit it. I can get it!" With a big push, the painting slid inside the back of the car, barely fitting. It holds a place of prominence on my staircase wall. This week, my husband and I attended a funeral for a special missionary we knew since we were young missionaries, also. As people recounted his life, we saw the impact he had on people. He made sure to take the opportunities to fit the important things in his life. First, he fit his love and passion for the Lord in his life. Next, he fit time and moments with his family, despite his busy schedule. He also fit serving others as Christ modeled for us. Life is so short. If you want to have a life of meaning, remember, "If you can fit it into your life, you'll get it in your life." Want more love? Fit it in your life. Want a better relationship with Jesus, make time for it. Jeremiah 29:13 NIV You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Here's to fitting the things that matter into every day of our lives!
Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments
Post a Comment