Kindness Matters
I received a call from my youngest son as we were each driving our cars back from oil changes. With most of my family out of town at a camping event, my youngest son and I decided to get much needed oil changes on both our cars. He took one route home, and I took another. Upon almost making it home, he called me telling me his car had stopped moving. It was stuck in the middle of the road on a very steep hill. I rushed over to find him at a dangerous section of road right above a hairpin turn. It was getting dark, and I was nervous. After realizing the transmission was frozen, I called a tow truck and prayed it would arrive before dark. While we waited, I noticed something interesting. Out of the eight cars that passed us, three people slowed and asked how they could help me. One woman was in a car that looked like it was on its last leg, but she stopped to help someone else. This brought me to a challenging question. Do we take the time to show kindness to those around us? God shows His love to people, but He uses us to do it. God gives everyone moments to show that love, but so many times, we're too busy to slow down and do it. I had already called the tow truck to help us, but it meant so much to know people actually cared about us enough to ask if we were okay. There may be someone that crosses your path that needs to simply know Jesus loves them. It may be asking a simple question, "Are you okay?" I challenge you to slow down and notice the opportunities God has placed in your path. Spread His love with kindness. After all, don't we all want a little more kindness in this world?
Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments
Post a Comment