Am I Mistaken?
While taking a little mini-vacation in Missouri, my husband and I decided to eat at a restaurant in town. The restaurant was packed, so everyone sat very close together. While glancing over my husband's shoulder, I noticed a lady's purse sitting on the ground beside her table. Her phone was sticking out of the side pocket of her purse. I did a double-take when I saw her phone. Her phone had four letters displayed- BUTT. I immediately questioned why someone would want to display BUTT on their phone. When I looked a little closer, I realized the phone case was yellow. That's when it occurred to me that the original BUTT was actually the beginning of the word BUTTER. Her phone case was a stick of butter. Have you ever made assumptions about someone only to realize you were completely wrong? It's so easy to look at situations from our point of view and read the situation entirely wrong. Instead of assuming the worst and going into immediate attack mode, God has called us in James 1:19 to be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath. When we examine Proverbs 6:16-19, it mentions things the Lord hates. Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV "There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.” Did you notice that those things involve how we treat others? It didn't say that the Lord excuses you if the people you treat this way deserve it. Regardless of how others treat us, we are to be humble, honest, kind, and peaceful. That means that assumptions need to change into grace, and quick responses need to be traded for prayer.
Have a great week high-heeled warriors!

Comments
Post a Comment